Have you been noticing a little sag here, a bit of looseness there? Fear not, maturing skin does get thinner and loses some of its firmness, but there are some solutions available. First the facts, sagging skin is a normal part of the aging process. As you get older, the chemicals that your body produces gets less and less, also there is gravity that we are competing with, always a futile loss. These are the facts.
There are also some solutions to help slow these factors down.
- Always use sunscreen. Continued exposure to the sun ages your skin, and your face is one of the victims of being out in the sun the most. Sun exposure is also known to cause your skin to lose some of the firmness you once held dear. This is something you will find constantly repeated in our blog posts. I was once a young lady without a care in the world looking for the world’s best tan, but with recent spikes in UVA & UVB rays, you really need to start taking care of your skin early.
- Don’t Smoke. Smoking not only ages your skin, it also damages its elasticity.
- Eat a balanced diet. You will find that most processed foods lack the nutrition your body needs to maintain healthy skin. Load yourself up on Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, phytoestrogens and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) help regulate degenerative processes and inflammation in the body, according to research by Zagreb University Hospital Center.
- Stay Fit. When you exercise regularly you will see a improvement in your entire body including the skin, but if you are starting a diet be sure to maintain a 1 to 2 lb weight loss per weak so you don’t put undue stress on your skin.
- Follow a good Skin Care Regimen.
When it comes to getting older, there is nothing we can do to stop it. Treat your body and skin as your temple and you can surely find ways to keep yourself feeling younger, fitter and a more fabulous you!
Your friends at Carapex